For Christmas Eric gave me tickets to go see "Wicked". The day finally arrived of the show. It just happened to be the same day as my parents anniversary. So after the party was over Eric, Logan, and I headed for Salt Lake City. Thanks to my sister Chris was so kind to keep the two older boys over night, and Carla and Jared who were so kind to follow us to SLC and keep the baby for us. I think my sisters were more excited than I was that I was going to the show, since they had all been and loved it! We got to SLC with just enough time to go to the hotel and change and then Jared dropped us off at the Capitol Theatre. We were there with plenty of time to spare. Right in front of us was one of the Jazz players, Kyle Korver, of course I didn't know who he was since I'm not a big Jazz fan but Eric pointed him out. Not hard to spot since he is 6 ft 7in. He sat about six rows in front of us. He was on the isle at first but I think he got tired of the girls wanting autographs and pictures so he traded seats with someone in his group so he was less accessible.
We had great seats! On the 10th row back from the stage!! We both loved the show. I have listened to the CD for years so it was good to finally put the whole story together. The actors were so good. I loved the humor. It amazes me that someone could come up with such a story to tie it all into the Wizard of Oz story. Their voices were amazzzing! Eric was quite impressed with the orchestra (we could see the conductor). If you haven't seen this great show, put it on your list to do, even if you don't think you are a Broadway type. Well worth the money!
Thanks for posting. I love to read your news. Glad you liked Wicked--I knew you would. Now you should come to Phantom with us in June! Tickets are 1/2 off right now.
ReplyDeleteAMEN!! We've driven over to Denver to see Wicked twice and will go again and again... though, annoyingly, we didn't go see it here in SLC this year. Glad you loved it. It is hands down the most entertaining musical I've ever seen, and I've seen a bunch!
ReplyDelete