Saturday, May 2, 2009

50th Anniversary

This past weekend was a great one! It was my parents 50th Anniversary on the 24th of April. Isn't that amazing, that seems like forever. We had a great day. It started off with 10 of out 11 of my siblings (we missed you C.J., Annie, and Maria-live in Turkey) and their spouses and my parents going to the Logan Temple. This was how my parents wanted to celebrate, they didn't want a big whooptydo.
My lovely parents & siblings.
There were 22 of us at the temple. (Thank you Randi and Cale for keeping track of my boys)

We then had dinner at Chris's church. What delicious food and company. Thanks Chris and Clair for taking care of the dinner arrangements. You can always count on good food when my family gets together. We did a little program for my parents which included singing from the younger grandchildren-"The Family is of God" (so cute), My siblings sang"Would You"-mom's favorite song, and Craig and Clair did a number. It was fun to watch my parents and see the love they have for one another and for all their family. We played a game like jeopardy, which I must admit there was a lot I didn't know about my parents. Carla and Cara did a beautiful job of putting together some picture memory books. All in all I think the party was a success!! I know my parents had a special day!
What a group huh? We missed those who couldn't make it! (14 absent) What a great family I have, how blessed I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment