Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Herrington Fork Cook out

Eric had July 5th off so with very little planning involved we decided last minute to invite a couple friends to join us for a cook out at Herrington Fork. It was a perfect day, not to hot and the bugs weren't bad. Logan and Ava slept for the first part of the gathering, which made it nice so I could get the food started. We aren't real skilled dutch oven cookers, but all the food turned out really good.

The kids had so much fun playing. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of all the kids together. We had quite the group, my boys, the Webbs, the Jones and a couple of their cousins, and Rhianna.

While we were cooking we had a little visitor come hoping for a free meal. It was a little mink.

I worried that the water level would be really high, but it wasn't. I think every family caught at least one fish.

Macy and Josh Webb

Macy showing off her big catch!

Eric is so good to help the boys fish!



Rocky, Becca, and Rhianna Matthews


It was a successful trip!





Logan was pretty excited about all the fish!


We had a fun day! I wish we could do things like this more often. It is hard to beat a day in the mountains with good food, and good company!

1 comment: