Monday, March 22, 2010

Almost Spring & A Rodeo


Any time there is something that has to be done with the cows it turns out to be a rodeo. Lee was in town a couple weekends ago so Eric took advantage of the extra muscle and thought it would be a great time to round up the bull calves and "band them". (make steers out of them). Of course it would have been a better idea to have done this shortly after they were born when they are a little more manageable, but not quite as entertaining for spectators! I think they got 2 out of 4 taken care of. There has always got to be some sort of casualty, this go around it was Eric's leg, he took a swift kick from one of the calves. I went down to get some photos and Hunter informed me they were turning the calves in to "Holsteins". Apparently he didn't get what was actually going on but I got a good laugh at his explanation. Having animals around is a bit of a learning experience for young ens in many ways!
Logan loves to be outside. He hasn't had many warm opportunities yet. Once outside he refuses to go back in. I think he would sit in the driveway all day and throw rocks if I would let him. Eric's uncle Forest has this little 4-wheeler that Logan enjoyed riding with his dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment