Friday, May 7, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

We have a high number of Hispanic kids in our school so today was pretty much just a party day at school. It stared at 11:30 with each grade performing a dance that they have learned during P.E. class. Hunter's class was really cute, the boys were dressed up as old Mexican men with canes. I was all prepared with my camera and batteries and wouldn't you know it, it didn't work! I'm so mad!! I need a new camera but I can't make myself fork out the money! So I'm hoping I can get some photos and maybe even a video from a friend.

After the dancing was done it was time to eat. Lunch is for the whole community at no charge. Nothing but authentic Mexican food, tamales, rice drenched in delicious beans of some type, tostadas with a macaroni salad on top, I was a little skeptical but it was tasty!

Then it was pinata time. Each grade gets their own to swing at. (My camera was working at this point.)
Hunter, the only one not in white, didn't want to get grass stains on his white shirt. Patiently waiting for his turn to take a whack at the pinata.
They each got to take two swings at it. Hunter wound up good, but only got a few pieces to fall out.
The kids can check out early with their parents or stay and play on the football field, playground, or there is a D.J. in the gym for dancing. Of course Hunter wanted to stay and play the remainder of the day.
The younger kids enjoyed the day too! These cuties are actually Eric's cousins. Penny is Stephen's daughter and Jeremy is Forest's boy. They are all in the pre-k class together. Ashton has a great class! They only have three more days of school! Then they get to go to summer school for three weeks in July, to help them adjust and get use to all day kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment