Well back in mid April we started to get the garden going. (Before the cold spells hit again!) Brother Luke from our ward volunteered to plow any gardens so we took him up on his offer. And our nice neighbor Jose let Eric borrow his tractor as well. Ashton asked me if dad knew what he was doing I assured him he did. (He worked on a farm from 8th grade till he finished college). Eric looked like he was thoroughly enjoying himself on the tractor! (We actually own a tractor now, just not any implements to go with it. You know everyone needs their own tractor!)
(Yes those are our "wonderful" cows in the background.)
The boys, mostly Hunter, had been looking forward to getting the garden planted. Logan was very helpful as you can see!
So far we have the potatoes, onions, lettuce, parsnips, & carrots planted.
This past weekend we made a trip to Logan and got some raspberry starts from my sister-in-law's mother. So those are planted as well. I hope they do well. I'm excited to have our own raspberry patch, I love raspberry jam!!
Hopefully the weather will cooperate soon and our garden will be a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment