Friday, May 28, 2010

Project Progress

In May Eric was able to take a much needed week off of work. The weather wasn't real cooperative as far as getting our outside projects done, (yes, that is snow on my garden).
but we did accomplish a major project in the basement. Shelves!!! These are for my food storage mostly, but we are going to keep all we can in there.

This was only part of our food storage sitting in the basement.

This project became a whole family affair. (Some more helpful than others)
I wasn't real excited about using the basement as a shop but what can you say, the project got done!
I was joking with the boys telling them these were their new beds. They thought that was a good idea and wanted to sleep down there.
I love it. Eric did a great job! Now we need walls and a door, so the little love bug can't go in a rearrange the shelves or drop cans on his toes:)
Next project the sprinkler system and lawn!
The boys and the neighbors/cousins have enjoyed the dirt and the mud that the rain gutters and the hydrant can create. They will have to find a new wadding pool!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I love your shelving. That must feel so great. And I LOVE the picture of the boys in the mud. It's crazy to me - but even if you have a huge yard of beautiful grass and one little mud hole on the side somewhere, boys ALWAYS go for the mud hole. It will be nice to get some grass in eventually, though, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! I know where i am going in the event of a food shortage. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete