Monday, November 1, 2010

A Dr. Seuss Halloween

This year I decided to work a little harder at Halloween, you know maybe plan ahead just a little bit. When I asked the boys what they wanted to be this year they didn't really have any suggestions so I thought it would be fun to go with a theme. I thought The Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 and Thing 2 that will be easy. I had it all planned out in my mind. I ran into a few snags, like finding red sweats for the older boys (I called every store in two towns). So the day before their parties for school I was busy at the sewing machine. My mother-in-law helped me make a hat pattern for Logan. I was pleased with how they all turned out. (Since I'm not what you would call a seamstress.) At first Logan wasn't real excited to wear his costume. The hat didn't get much wear, he packed it around in his hand.
He eventually tolerated it for a few seconds.
I only had to sew 1/2 the bow back on once. He walked in circles holding his tail for a minute or two.
Hunter and Ashton made perfect Thing 1 and Thing 2.

I dropped off treats for Hunter's class party before heading over to help with Ashton's.
Every year in P.E. the 1st thru 5th grades practice a couple line dances that they perform in the gym before the class parties. Here are a couple of clips for your viewing pleasure.



I tried to get a group picture...but you can see how well that went over. This was after the trunk or treat so they're looking a bit tired and rough.
Eric and I went to a party the weekend before Halloween as "The Bun in the Oven" and "The Baker".

3 comments:

  1. What cute costumes! I love your Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 and Thing 2. Amazing that you pulled it together so quickly. And the Bun in the Oven is just really cute! If I am ever pregnant at Halloween time I just might have to borrow your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, I love the costumes. So clever--all of them! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun! Loved the costumes and you are so clever and creative. You are more of a seamstress than you think. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete