Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My oldest turns "Eight"

It is crazy to think that my oldest is now Eight years old! Hunter is something else. He is very competitive, thinks he knows all (already), and loves to learn. His favorite subject is reading. He has just taken to it, the little book worm. Many nights I have found him sneakily reading when he should have been asleep long ago! His teacher called me the other day (a moment of panic when I saw the schools number on the caller ID). She said I'm just calling to tell you how amazing your son is. (What a relief) She tested his reading level and said he is at a 5.7 grade level.
He has a great imagination. He loves to play war (maybe to much, Eric assures me he is just a normal "boy"). He wanted a battle field birthday cake this year.
He loved his presents:Scriptures, bow & arrow, Rubiks 360, yo yo, Atlantis Legos, and a scout shirt.
He is excited to get baptized (the date is still unknown at this point but more than likely it won't be till Jan. 1st but we will let you all know) and to be able to go to scouts.
He is growing up so fast!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Hunter! I can't believe he's eight. How time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Hunter! 8 already! Wow! You are such a wonderful young man that is such a great example to all the little boys that look up to you. My Chance being one of them. :) Handsome too! Hope you have a very special birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exciting Hunter is eight! He is such a cute kid. I love his cake!

    ReplyDelete