Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Ninth Month

The day has finally come, tomorrow is the day we will welcome our little angel into our family. I must say I am very excited but very nervous! That is nervous for the whole process of getting her here, praying all will go well; and nervous for what is ahead of us. What a big responsibility we have. Wanting to be the best parents we can be and teaching her all the things she needs to know in this life to someday be able to return to live with our Father in Heaven.
No we still don't know what to name her. Nothing like waiting till the last minute. I have always been bad at decision making and somewhat of a procrastinator. I tell myself I work better under pressure. So I guess we'll know in the next couple of days what to call her.

Grandma Nell showed me the following verse a few weeks ago and I thought it quite fitting for me. It is in the book "The Growing Season" and was written by Carol Lynn Pearson.

The Ninth Month
Being a duplex,
I have been happy, my dear,
To loan you half the house,
Rent-free and furnished
As best I could

You have been a good
Tenant, all in all,
Quiet, yet comfortably there,
Tapping friendly on the wall.

But I hear
You have outgrown the place
And are packing up to move.
Well, I will miss
The sweet proximity.
But we will keep in touch.
There are bonds, my dear,
That reach beyond a block,
Or a mile, or a hemisphere,
Born of much love and labor.

I approve the move,
And gladly turn from landlady
To neighbor.

4 comments:

  1. can't wait to meet that sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying everything goes well. Can't wait to meet her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute poem, I am thinking about you and can't wait to squeeze that sweet little bundle of joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything went well today! Thinking of you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete