Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Break in Wyoming

Eric said "Spring break in Wyoming??" I know not the warmest, sunniest place to spend spring break but hey when it is just me and the kids it is the perfect place to go. I hadn't been "home" since the end of July. We left home on Monday. The weather was pretty good, we got there just in time to miss the storm coming thru. My kids love my parents, we don't get to see them as often as we like. It was pretty much a party none stop. We got to play with all the local cousins, friends, play the wii, swim in the pool multiple times a day, and just get a break from the everyday great life we have. The only thing that could have made it better was if Eric could have gone with us. Ava got to met some of her relatives for the first time. She just smiled at Aunt Cara, she was even snorting she was laughing so hard. Cousins Makailey and Hannah took there turns lovin' Ava too. Ava and Grandma Mary Growing up we were spoiled to have our own pool since my parents own the KOA campground. I don't think there were many days in the summer that I didn't swim (except for Sundays). My blond hair had a tint of green to it from the chlorine and I'm sure I will pay the price for as much sun as my body saw. I have no memories of not knowing how to swim. My dad always tells me I knew how to swim before I could walk. I wish we had a pool close by that my boys could swim in everyday. Before having my own children I would hear people talk about their kids taking swimming lessons and thinking how ridiculous. Now that I have kids and no pool out my back door, swim lessons are a must. The boys have taken a few years of lessons and I think Hunter is making good progress. Ashton won't be far behind after this years lessons. Anyway my parents decided this past year that they wanted an indoor exercising pool connected to the house. It turned out fabulous. The boys had so much fun! First thing in the morning and the last thing at night they wanted to be in the pool. Grandpa was good to watch them and get in and play. At first Logan wouldn't even go in the pool room. After a day or two he went in the room but had no desire to get in the pool. (He must take after his dad.) Hunter thought he would give snorkeling a try. He did really well. He is ready to go to Hawaii now! (Someday) The boys would go up where the current comes out and ride the wave to the other end then swim back and do it over again. We thought it would be fun to try the knee board! Good thing grandpa was there to help them keep their balance. And off Ashton goes! Hunter gave it a good try too. He lasted a little bit longer after grandpa let go.



We left Lyman on Thursday and headed to Logan to see more family there. My niece Cori Lynn was going to the temple on Friday. I forgot to take my recommend, so while everyone was gone to the temple me and my kids stayed at my sisters house. It was a little to eventful for my liking. While I was in the shower Ava was taking a nap in one of the bedrooms. Hunter shut the door to make it quieter for her to sleep. When I went to go get clothes for the boys the door was locked. Unfortunately the knob was one that required an actual key. I had no idea where the key might be and I figured my sister wouldn't know either and she wouldn't be home for hours yet. So long story short, the locksmith came and rescued the screaming Ava (20 minutes of crying is tough to take). Just a little FYI they don't charge you if someone is locked in the room.


We made the journey back home Friday afternoon.


We had such a great time, how could we not, we spent time with loved ones!

2 comments:

  1. Love this!!! It's been awhile since I looked at your blog. What fun, and I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time. We loved having you hear. Fun to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete