Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ward Talent Show

Hunter started taking piano lessons from a friend of mine back in March. He was looking forward to starting and has done really well. He still likes it but practicing isn't his favorite thing. None the less he does it. Our ward announced we were going to have a talent show at least a month in advance. His piano teacher talked to him about doing a piece for it, if he would than she would. She told him to think about it and left it at that. I hadn't heard anything about yet. Hunter told me what his teacher had told him, how it would be great to practice playing in front of people and that she thought he should do it. Still undecided at that point. One night out of the blue he announced to me that he was going to do it. I was glad but a bit skeptical, but very encouraging of it. (I would never have done it!) Time passed and about a week before Hunter told me there was no way he was doing it. I left it at that. The day before the show Eric decided he needed to stay in Pocatello that night unless Hunter was going to perform then he would come home to watch him. So the day of, Hunter decided he wanted his dad to come home and he would play his piece. So he practiced his piece several times thru out the day in preparation.

When it was time to get ready to go to the church I told the boys to change out of their play clothes and get ready to go. I went to comb Hunter's hair and he was dressed in his church clothes. I told him he didn't need to dress up but he said he wanted to.
He was so nervous. He told me he thought he was going to die! I was so nervous for him!!
Hunter while they announced his turn.
Here is the video clip.


When he sat back down I told him what a great job he did and I was proud of him and then I asked if he was glad he did it? He said "Yes, and I'm not even dead". Love that boy! It was a fun evening.

1 comment: